George Enescu Opening Gala and Bucharest at its Best
|DURATION||Fr (31 august) – Sun (2 sept.)|
Every year Bucharest joins the international music stage with a top classical music event: George Enescu Festvial. Be part of it!
The city dresses up in its most inspiring cloths – music and art events are organized all across the city center or in various museums and Bucharest becomes the stage of international classical music for 3 weeks. It is an experience, that many foreign tourists and Romanians as well, would not want to miss out. Here’s what we prepared for you this weekend:
- Friday: arrival in Bucharest; after checking in at the famous 5* Intercontinental hotel in the heart of Bucharest, we recommend you to spend a first night in Bucharest around the Atheneum or in the old town (you will find numerous live events in the city, occasioned by the festival)
- Saturday: after your sensational breakfast at the Intercontinental, we invite you on a walking tour with our special travel guide who will pick you up at the hotel reception; the tour will of course stat with the visit of the Enescu Museum, the area around Calea Victoriei, the old town and the Archbishop’s district – you will most certainly love Bucharest after this tour!
- Saturday evening: we reserved top tickets in the 5th row for the Opening Gala of the Enescu Festival (starting with 7 pm, at the Atheneum)
- Sunday: you can either enjoy the late morning in your spa area at the Intercontinental, or take a walk through the Herastrau park and the Village Museum, enjoying both the green part and the traditional part of the city
- at 2 pm we reserved a gourmet lunch at a top restaurant in Bucharest – bon apetit !
- Accommodation: Intercontinental 5*, 2 nights in double room, breakfast and all taxes included
- Guided tour of Bucharest:
- Saturday: sensational 3 h tour of Bucharest city centre, with our special travel guide (Enescu Museum, Calea Victoriei, old town, Archbishop’s district)
- Enescu opening Gala: 2 tickets, front row (5) at the opening gala of the festival, on Saturday at 7 pm
- ! Transport to destination (Bucharest) on individual basis (not included)!
Daily direct flights to Bucharest from any key European airport with:
- Main legacy airlines, in particular KLM Air France and Lufthansa
- Tarom, Romanian Legacy Airline
- Various low cost airlines: Blueair, Wizzair, Ryanair
- Most important inernational classical music festival in Romania, dating back to 1958
- Participation of philharmonic orchestras from all over the world
- Until 2015, the festival took place every 2 years, since 2017 it is an annual event